If your visit to Greece is too short, this is your chance to visit Meteora.
Upon arrival, you realize why the first hermits chose this location to create their monastic community and seek communication with God. See the 4 monasteries and the 2 nunneries, and visit two of them. Learn about the everyday life of the monks, admire their architecture and gaze at the priceless relics and treasures of the monasteries, cultural heritage to all Christian religions.
Finish your sightseeing return to Kalambaka, have a light lunch, board the train and return to Athens at 21:30
* You collect your tickets from us and settle the account anyday before departure.
* Be at the LARISA railway station in Athens at least 30 minutes before the train departure.
* Your train comes at 07:10 am. Find your carriage and seat.
* 07:20 – The train departs and following a scenic route it travels straight from Athens to Kalampaka(last stop).
* 11:30 – Arrive in Kalampaka and meet our English-speaking driver outside the railway station.
* 11:45 – Drive to Meteora. Visit up to 3 monasteries. See old hermitages and cloisters in the caves.
* 16:45 – Return to Kalampaka. Stop at a local restaurant for a light meal (not included in the price).
* 17:00 – The train departs from Kalampaka and arrives in Athens (LARISA station) at +/- 22.45.
To make a booking you deposit 40.00 euro per person and you settle the balance when we meet in Athens.
CANCELLATION POLICY: 15.00 € p.p. is not refundable. In case of a strike, the full amount is refunded.
Price & Inclussions
The price for the 3.30 hours private tour of Meteora includes your return B class train ticket and the taxi hire from the moment that you arrive until the moment that you tell the driver that you have seen enough and want to get back to Kalambaka and have something to eat.
– 1 passenger: Train ticket (B class), 86.00 € p.p.
– 1 passenger: Train ticket (A class), 98.00 € p.p.
– 2 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 82.00 € p.p.
– 2 passengers: Train ticket (A class), 94.00 € p.p.
– 3 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 76.00 € p.p.
– 3 passengers: Train ticket (A class), 88.00 € p.p.
– 4 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 69.00 € p.p.
– 4 passengers: Train ticket (A class), 81.00 € p.p.
Following the Covid-19 measures the train runs in 50% capacity
resulting to a surcharge of 15 € p.p. that must be added to all prices.
To secure your booking, please, click and see the terms, find the pay online link in the footer, and, deposit 40.00 € p.p.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
* Return train ticket. Pay 12.00 euro, and upgrade the train ticket to A class (recommended).
* Upon arrival, you meet our bus driver and for 3 hours, you visit up to 3 monasteries.
* Visit hidden beauties & explore the area with a local, English-speaking leader.
NOT INCLUDED in the price:
* No professional tour guide service is included. It’s you and the taxi driver.
* 3.00 euro per person, is the entrance ticket to each monastery, and
* Your lunch and drinks on the train and while you are in Kalampaka.