SEE ALL THE TOURS that visit Meteora guided or independent.
Following the State’s COVID 19 measures the monasteries do not provide wrappings anymore.
Appropriate clothing is required for everybody that visits the monasteries.
Join this independent tour and visit Meteora and Delphi in 3 days at your own pace.
Travel from Athens and back combining train, taxi, and public bus.
We have built a reliable team of partners and offer a well-organized tour.
Enjoy unique landscapes and visit monuments of great historical importance.
At Meteora join the local tours organized by our local partner and learn the history of the unique area.
a) the Meteora Sunset Tour, and
b) either the morning Half-Day Tour, or
c) the midday tour to Meteora (12:00-17:00), or
d) the morning Meteora Hiking Tour
The train tickets are offered in B class. Upgrading to A class costs 15.00 € p.p. extra
Departures daily, traveling on your own or in small teams.
See the alternative tours:
1-day Meteora by train. Train and local bus tour 94 €
2 days Meteora package Tarin and hotel 95 €
2 days Meteora “special” Train, hotel and 2 local tours 135 €
2 days guided tour to Delphi and Meteora from 120 €
3 days guided tour to Delphi and an extra day in Kalambaka for 148 €
5 days guided classical tour of Greece staying an extra day in Kalambaka.
Day 1. Travel from Athens to Kalambaka. In the afternoon, visit Meteora.
* Collect your tickets and settle the account, at least a day before departure
* Be at Athens’ LARISA Railway station at 06:50.
* 07.20 – Depart from Athens and travel straight to Kalambaka.
* 11.30 – Arrive in Kalambaka and check-in at the Hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 15.30 – Optional Sunset tour and overnight in Kalambaka
Day 2. Explore Meteora in the morning, return to Kalambaka and at 16:15 take the train and travel to Delphi.
* Go for an early walk and experience the flora and the fauna of the area.
* 08.00 – Have a good breakfast at Hotel Kosta Famissi.
* 09.00 – Optional 4 hrs. tour. Visit at least 2 monasteries
* 13.00 – After the tour, explore the old town, see the Byzantine church of the Dormition of Mother Mary, have a light lunch, and return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and travel to Levadia.
* 20.00 – Get off at Levadia, meet our driver, and drive to Delphi.
* 21.00 – Arrive in Delphi and check-in at the Hotel LEFAS.
Day 3. In the morning, explore Delphi and return to Athens.
* 08.00 – After breakfast walk to the bus ticket office and validate your bus ticket.
* 08.30 – Visit the nearby archaeological museum.
* 11.00 – Explore the sanctuary and the temple of Athena Pronaia.
* 13.30 – Return to the town of modern Delphi and have lunch.
* 16.00 – Board the bus and depart for Athens. Arrive in Athens at 19.15. (Liossion street terminal).
To secure a booking, please read the terms and conditions and deposit
50 € p.p. for a B-class ticket, or, 60 € p.p. for an A-class ticket.
Our price is:
€ 138 + 25 covid surcharge = 163 € p.p. in a double room with breakfast.
€ 131 + 25 covid surcharge = 156 € p.p. in a triple room with breakfast
(Following the Covid-19 measures the train runs at 50% capacity
resulting in a surcharge of 25 € p.p. that must be added to all prices. )
– This package is not organized for single travelers.
* Train ticket from Athens to Kalambaka
* Train ticket from Kalambaka to Levadia Railway station
* 1-night stay in Hotel Kosta FAMISI with breakfast in Kalambaka
* Transfer by taxi from Levadia railway station to Delphi
* 1-night stay in Hotel LEFAS with breakfast in Delphi
* Intercity Bus ticket from Delphi to Athens
# Optional Meteora Sunset Tour. English speaking tour leader included.
# Optional second day’s tour. English speaking tour leader included.
# Pick up /drop off in Athens. You catch the train at Athens’ LARISIS Railway station.
# The € 3.00 p.p. to each monastery, and the entrance fee to the museum and site of Delphi.
# All meals and drinks, except the 2 breakfasts.
# The hotel overnight tax = 1.50 € per room, per night.
# Services of a professional tour guide.
The tours in Kalambaka are optional.
# Extra night in the double bedroom: € 24.00 p.p., per hotel.
# Upgrade your train ticket to A-class,
# 4 hours morning tour of Meteora
# 3.30 hours Sunset tour of Meteora
# 4 hours morning hiking tour
Client’s comments about the tour and our services
Yan_RN, Houston, Texas, Dec 15,
I booked 2 trips, One-day Mycenae-Nafplion-Epidaurus and the 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS – METEORA & DELPHI TRIP (no guide), from Astoria travel and was very satisfied with their service. Kosta, a very reliable gentleman, tried his best to arrange every detail for our trips. He accompanied us until we were seated on the train at departure. He booked the same seat number for our departure and return train for us to be convenient to remember. It is important that I don’t think I paid more for this 5-star service. I paid less for the one-day tour and for the train ticket compared with what others paid. I highly recommend Astoria travel for Greece travel.
Astoria Travel (Est. 1958)
48 Stadiou street, Athens 10564, Greece.
Tel. +302103250380, +306932888585.
Click here and send us a message
In the footer of this website, you find the “4 steps to make a booking”. If our offer sounds interesting send us the booking form.