SEE ALL THE TOURS that visit Meteora in guided tours or train trips.
Appropriate clothing is required for everybody that visits the monasteries.
For men: Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knees are not allowed, and
For ladies: Skirts bellow the knees are required.
In our tour you choose the monasteries to visit and how long to stay in each one.
If your visit to Greece is too short, this is your chance to visit Meteora.
You understand why the first hermits chose this location to create their monastic community and seek communication with God.
See the 4 monasteries and the 2 nunneries from outside, and visit 2 or 3 of them if your time allows you.
Learn about the everyday life of the monks, admire their architecture and gaze at the priceless relics and treasures of the monasteries, cultural heritage to all Christian religions.
Finish your sightseeing, return to Kalambaka, have a light lunch, board the train and return to Athens at 21:30
Price & Inclussions
The price per person for the tour to Meteora includes your return B class train ticket and the 4 hrs tour on the rocks.
– 1 passenger: Train ticket (B class) 78.00 €
– 2 passengers: Train ticket (B class) 75.00 € p.p.
– 3 passengers: Train ticket (B class) 72.00 € p.p.
– 4 passengers: Train ticket (B class) 69.00 € p.p.
Following the Covid-19 measures the train runs in 50% capacity
resulting in a surcharge of 25 € p.p. that must be added to all prices.
To secure your booking, please, click and see the terms, find the pay online link in the footer, and, deposit 50.00 € p.p.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
* Meet and assist service at the Larissis Railway Station in Athens.
* Return train ticket. Pay 15.00 euro, and upgrade the train ticket to A-class (recommended).
* Upon arrival, you meet our driver and for 4 hours, you visit up to 3 monasteries.
* Explore the area with a local, English-speaking tour leader.
NOT INCLUDED in the price:
* 3.00 euro per person, is the entrance ticket to each monastery, and
* Your lunch and drinks on the train and while you are in Kalampaka.
* You collect your tickets from us and settle the account, at least a day before departure.
* Meet me at the LARISA railway station in Athens +/- 30 minutes before the train departure.
* Your train comes at 07:10 am. I shall help you find your seat.
* 07:20 – The train departs and following a scenic route you travel straight from Athens to Kalampaka(last stop).
* 11:30 – Arrive in Kalampaka and meet our English-speaking driver outside the railway station.
* 11:45 – Drive to Meteora. Visit up to 3 monasteries. See old hermitages and cloisters in the caves.
* 16:00 – Return to Kalampaka. Stop at a local restaurant for a light meal (not included in the price).
* 17:00 – The train departs from Kalampaka and arrives in Athens (LARISA station) at +/- 21:30
To secure your booking you deposit 50.00 € per person and you settle the balance in Athens.
Options to visit
We also offer packages for 2 or 3 days. During the extra day, join a Hiking Tour and explore the natural beauty. Discover the geology of the region and follow the trails that the first monks used centuries ago. Hike on the well-paved paths from the monastery of Grand Meteoron or the monastery of Varlaam all the way to the village of Kastraki and Kalambaka.
If the hiking tour is a difficult exercise, join the 4 hour morning tour and learn about monasticism at Meteora. Discover their cultural wealth and have a personal experience of the monastic community.
Our BEST SELLER is the 3 days/2 nights Meteora and Delphi, independent trip by train/taxi and bus.
Last-minute bookings are difficult. Plan in advance and get the best seats on the train.
KSL13, Level 6 Contributor, TripAdvisor member since 2005, From USA
Kosta is an all service travel agent
I booked a tour to Meteora via train with Astoria travel at a significant discount from other agencies. Kosta also picked us up from the cruise port and took us to our Airbnb. He also gave us lots of advice about life in Greece. He knows so much! And he truly loves his job and he is proud of his country. I hope that lots of people use his services! I did not feel that he was exploiting tourist dollars as most guys did. He is honest and reliable.
Astoria Travel, (Est. 1958)
48 Stadiou street, Athens 10564, Greece.
Tel. +302103250380, +306932888585.
Click here and send us a message
Travelling to Meteora by train is a comfortable and efficient way. A smooth and scenic ride.