Travelling on the train is by far the most efficient way to travel. It may be slow but it’s extremely smooth and very scenic.
The 2 Days tour to Meteora by train is your chance to explore a unique natural phenomenon in central Greece. The rocky forrest with the Byzantine Monasteries, built for protection at the top of the rocks, arenlisted as UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
The tour includes the train tickets, 1 night stay with breakfast in 3 star hotel, Kosta Famissi, 2 optional tours atsepecial price (the Sunset Tour, andeither of the Meteora morning tour or the Meteora Hiking Tour!
You pay a small deposit to help us buy in advance your train tickets and get the best seats for you and you collect your tickets and vouchers, any day before your departure from athens.
Day 1: Travel by train to Kalampaka, and visit Meteora in the afternoon.
* Be at LARISA railway station 07:50, and find platform 08.
* 08.20 – The train departs from Athens straight for Kalampaka (+/- 12 stops).
* +/- 13.40 – Arrive in Kalambaka and check in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 14.30 – Optional “sunset tour”of the Meteora (costs 25.00 euro p.p.)
* 17.30 – Return to Kalampaka. Evening free.
Day 2: A day to explore Meteora before returning to Athens.
* 09.00am – Take the bus or our taxi and visit the highest monastery open on the day of your visit.
* 01.00pm – After finishing your visits, walk down on the well pavedpaths, or, take the bus again and return to Kalampaka.
Explore the old town of Kalampaka, visit the Byzantine church of the dormition of Mother Mary,
find a nice restaurant, have lunch, and return to the hotel to take your luggage and
walk to the railway station.
* 05.30pm – Board the train and depart for Athens. Arrival +/- 22.40.
To secure your booking, please, read the terms and conditions and deposit 40.00 euro per person in ….
Prices: 87.00 € in single, 73.00 € p.p. in double room, 70.00 p.p. in triple room
Includes: B class return train ticket + hotel in double room with breakfast.
Additional night in Double room with breakfast: 24.00 euro p.p. | in Single room: 35.00 euro
Upgrade your train ticket to A class: 12.00 euro p.p.,
– 4.00 hours morning tour of Meteora: 25.00 euro, per person,
– 3.30 hours Sunset tour of Meteora: 25.00 euro, per person,
– 4.30 hours hiking tour of Meteora: 25.00 euro, per person.
Why book with us
Daily tour departures any day you want, 365 days a year whether you are travelling on your own or in a small group.
Traveling by train is by far the most efficient and scenic way.
You will go to secret local spots that the vast majority of other travellers will never experience.
You will learn about the history of the place from a local tour leader.
Accommodation in 3-star hotel with breakfast
Visit all the monasteries
English speaking tour leader on the tours
Taxes & service fees
Join the Meteora Sunset Tour
Choose the second day’s tour
Round trip train ticket from/to Athens