CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora by shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is organized daily.
It’s your chance to explore the unique natural phenomenon in central Greece. METEORA are listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments.
It’s a rocky forest with huge Byzantine Monasteries, built for protection at the top of the rocks.
The tour includes the train tickets, 1 night stay, Sunset, Morning, Hiking Tour!
Meteora is a natural landmark nowhere to be found around the world. The imposing vertical rocks standing as pillars reaching the sky, host on their plateaus ancient monasteries with a vast cultural significance for the whole Christianity.
Join a 3.30 hrs tour at Meteora, see all six monasteries of the monastic community and visit 2 of them to experience the everyday life of the monks and nuns.
You deposit 40.00 € to help us buy your train tickets and you collect tickets and vouchers in Athens.
Be at the Railway Station of Athens (Larissa station) at 07:50. Board the train to Kalambaka and depart at 08:20. Travelling by train is the most comfortable and efficient way to travel. It’s a smooth and scenic ride through the fertile plain of Thessaly.
You arrive in kalambaka at +/- 13:40 and an unforgetable experience starts. Enjoy the tour.
Day 1: Travel by train to Kalampaka, and visit Meteora in the afternoon.
* Be at LARISA railway station 07:50, and find platform 08.
* 08:20 – The train departs from Athens straight for Kalampaka (+/- 12 stops).
* +/- 13:40 – Arrive in Kalambaka. Meet our driver and go to the hotel. Check in and have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
* Return to the hotel and 16:00 be ready at the lobby of the hotel for the “afternoon sunset tour”. (CLICK and read details of the tour).
(The pick up time for the “sunset tour” varies, following the time that the sun sets).
* 08.00 – Have an early breakfast, take a walk, enjoy the local faun & flora and at 09.00 you are picked up for the morning tour of Meteora. You drive up he rocks, stop in a couple of openings for beautiful photos, visit at least 2 monasteries that are open on the day that you visit the area, and
* 13.30 – return to Kalampaka. Have lunch, and, return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk 400 m. to the train station.
* 17.20 – Board the train and depart for Athens. Arrival at Larissa Rail station at +/- 22.40. End of the tour.
On day 2 you may take the hiking tour to the Meteora rocks instead of the morning tour. This decision is yours.
The price p.p. is:
115.00 € p.p. in a double bedroom with breakfast, 134.00 € in single room & 110.00 € p.p. in triple room.
The price INCLUDES:
Extra night in single = 38.00 euro, in double = 24.00 euro, in triple = 20.00 euro,
Extra for upgrading your train ticket from B class to A class = 12.00 euro per person,
To secure your booking, read the terms and conditions and deposit 40.00 euro per person in ….read more…