SEE ALL THE TOURS that visit Meteora in guided tours or train trips.
The 2 Days package to Meteora by train is organised daily.
METEORA are listed as UNESCO World Heritage monuments. It’s a natural landmark nowhere to be found around the world. The imposing vertical rocks standing as pillars reaching the sky, host on their plateaus ancient monasteries with a vast cultural significance for the whole Christianity. The Byzantine Monasteries were built for protection at the top of the rocks. This is your chance to explore this unique natural phenomenon.
The tour includes the train tickets, 1 night stay, Sunset, Morning, or Hiking Tour!
In kalambaka join the local tour of Meteora, see all 6 monasteries of the monastic community, visit 2 of them and experience the life of the monks and nuns.
You deposit 40.00 € to help us buy your train tickets and you collect tickets and vouchers in Athens.
* Be at the Railway Station of Athens (Larissa station) at 07:00.
Find you platform and board the train to Kalambaka that departs at 07:20. Travel in a smooth and scenic ride. It is the most comfortable and efficient way.
* You arrive in kalambaka at +/- 11:30 and an unforgettable experience starts.
Meet our driver and go to the hotel. Check in and have lunch in a nearby restaurant.
* Return to the hotel and 16:00 be ready in the lobby of the hotel for the “afternoon sunset tour”. (Read details of the tour).
(The pick up time for the “sunset tour” varies, following the time that the sun sets).
* Return to Kalambaka after the sunset, have dinner in one of the tavernas and spend the night in the hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 08.00 – Have an early breakfast, take a walk, enjoy the local fauna & flora and at 09.00 be ready to be picked up for the morning tour of Meteora. You drive up the rocks, stop in a couple of openings for beautiful photos, visit at least 2 monasteries that are open on the day that you visit the area, and
* 13.30 – return to Kalampaka. Have lunch, and return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk 400 m. to the train station.
* 17.00 – Board the train and at 17:15 depart for Athens. Arrival at Larissa Rail station at +/- 21.30.
On day 2 you can choose to take the hiking tour to the Meteora rocks instead of the morning tour. This decision is yours.
The price p.p. is: 115.00 € p.p. in a double bedroom with breakfast, 134.00 € in single room & 110.00 € p.p. in triple room,
Extra night in single = 38.00 euro, in double = 24.00 euro, in triple = 20.00 euro,
Extra for upgrading your train ticket from B class to A class = 12.00 euro per person,
Astoria Travel, (Est. 1958)
48 Stadiou street, Athens 10564, Greece.
Tel. +302103250380, +306932888585.
Click here and send us a message