Travel to Meteora by train
Departing from Athens, the train is by far the most pleasant and comfortable way to get to Kalampaka.
Buy your train tickets at least 10 days in advance, and secure best seats at best rates.
– Our prices are per person and include the train tickets (B class) from Athens with return to Athens.
– SEND US your booking request but, and wait for our confirmation before paying any money.
– Upgrade your ticket both ways to one of the 22 FIRST CLASS seats by paying 12.00 € p.p.
– To proceed with the booking we need the booking form with names and dates of birth of the passengers.
– 40.00 euro p.p. must be paid in advance, to buy the B class tickets. SEE the link in the footer.
– 50.00 euro p.p. must be paid in advance, to buy the A class tickets.
– Every ticket is personal and has a seat number allocated to it.
– We stop issuing tickets, 48 hrs before departure, or when the train seats are sold out before.
– The vouchers are collected, ANY DAY BEFORE THE TRIP in our office, during working hours.
– Our office is located, on 48 Stadiou street, Tel. 210 3250380 open on weekdays 10.00 – 18.00
– Clients must be at LARISA train station in Athens, 30 minutes before the train’s departure.
– The highest monastery is 10 km. from Kalampaka. When visiting the monasteries, be properly dressed.
– For the ladies, wrappings are provided at the entrances. The entrance fee (3 € p.p.) is not included.
– All through the year, you can visit the monasteries using the local taxis, 10.00 euro/transfer, paid locally.
– If you want the taxi driver to stay with you and drive you around, the charge is 20.00 € / hour, paid locally.
– May till October, a local bus connects Kalampaka and the monasteries. The ticket is NOT INCLUDED.
– Take a walk and visit Kastraki. Find the St. Antonios Bandovas area. Here you see the cave dwellings.
– Transfers to/from the train stations ARE NOT INCLUDED. In Kalambaka our hotel is 450 m from the train station,
– If you want to visit DELPHI after KALAMBAKA, SEE the easiest way.
– The hotels in our packages are the Hotel KOSTA FAMISI in Kalambaka and the hotel LEFAS in Delphi.
– CANCELLATION POLICY: 15.00 € p.p. is not refundable. In case of a strike the full amount is refunded.
– If your message is received, at the very latest, 72 hrs before departure the tickets can become open.
– If your message is received in the last 72 hours, the tickets are forfeited. No refund is recognized.
– ASTORIA Travel cannot be held responsible for any delays, or route deviations caused by breakdowns.
The Greek Railways provide alternative transportation to your destination. Reasonable delay expected.
– We reserve the right to modify the program in case of a force majeure or reasons beyond our control.
All options to visit Meteora
Meteora by train
* One day to Meteora. Train and private taxi
* One day to Meteora. Train and tour on shared bus.
* Two day package to Meteora. Train and hotel accommodation.
* Two day Meteora “special” tour. Train, hotel accommodation, Sunset, and Morning or hiking tour.
* Three day Meteora – Delphi package. Train, hotels, Levadia-Delphi by private taxi, and intercity bus.
Guided tours to Meteora
* 2 day guided tour to Delphi and Meteora – best tour at best price from 120.00 euro
* 3 day tour to Delphi and Meteora,
* 3 day Wednesday special. Explore Meteora with 2 nights in Kalambaka
* 4 day Classical tour visiting Argolis, Olympia, Delphi and Meteora
* 5 day Classical tour with an extra night in Kalambaka allowing you to explore Meteora
* 5 day Monday special Classical tour spending the first night in beautiful Nafplion
* 5 day tour of Northern Greece. Visit the Macedonia where Gr. Alexander was born and lived.
* 7 day Grand tour of Greece
Meteora full package
* 7 days package stay in Greece